KISS FC Firmware Update Instructions
Great tutorial by Philipp Seidel: http://blog.seidel-philipp.de/flyduino-kiss-fc-firmware-update-windows-english/
Close the Boot jumper: (v1.01 & v1.2 Boards) on the KISS FC with a solder bridge or a wire.
Hold the Boot Button: (v1.03 Board) on the board.
Download and install Dfuse from ST
Download the KISS FC update file v1.02RC26 (LATEST AS OF 05/31/2016 11:32:55 PM – Check Here for updates)
Open Dfuse Demonstrator, which you have installed in step 2 and choose the update file.
Now connect the KISS FC to your PC and press “Upgrade” (Make sure the STM Device is showing below)⇓
Removing conflicting drivers!
If you don’t see the correct device in the DfuseDemo tool you might have another STM32 Bootloader driver like ZADIG installed. In order to make the KISS FC connecting in bootloader mode you need to remove the previously installed drivers first.
1. Plug in the KISS FC in bootloader mode (with the Boot jumper bridged OR the button pressed)
2. Go to your Windows device manager, in the top menu select “View” then “Show hidden devices.)
3. You should see the previous STM32 Bootloader driver at the bottom of the list under “USB devices” (not USB Controller).
4. Right click on it and select uninstall or remove, make sure you selected “remove associated files”.
5. Unplug the KISS FC and plug it in again, still with the boot jumper bridged.
Windows should now see a new device and offer to install a driver for it.
Just follow the steps, Windows will download and install a new bootloader driver for the STM32 and show it in both the device manager and the DfuseDemo tool.
**If this does not work: Unplug the FC and install these Drivers. After installing these, reboot your PC and attempt 5 above again.
Remove the read protection, If you have a boot loader button…hold it down now while clicking YES.
Confirm to flash it.
Your KISS FC is now up to date with the latest firmware. Please don’t forget to re- open the Bootjumper (Button users – do nothing)
Launch the KISS GUI via Google Chrome.
To activate your new KISS FC firmware on your KISS FC, you will need to connect it to the GUI and press “Save Settings”. The PC where you run the GUI needs to be online, to have it be able to activate the FC over the internet.